A Few Key Points to Remember – This is your “Professional Network”
All your social media sites are professional and need to be nurtured and cared for the same way you have always done with traditional print advertising. Anything you do on the world wide web represents your professional reputation.
However LinkedIn has a motto – Relationships Matter
Today we are going to check a few key points to having a LinkedIn profile and taking advantage of the many opportunities available for marketing your brand and your name.
- Be sure to have a recent professional picture which represents who you are and your friendly nature
- Try to capture your audience with an exciting Professional Headline for your business and company name.
- Your Professional Headline is 120 characters long – use it up!
- Your profile is similar to a Resume and is the first area to which people are introduced to you
- Consider a call to action phrase – make it catchy and professional
Your Website Options
LinkedIn allows you to have several website links in your profile
Remember to link you must use http://www.
To take advantage of SEO use keywords by choosing the “Other” tab – this will allow you to customize the website title… consider also adding a website link to your Facebook Business Page – a link to your Twitter account – and of course first should be your own website. Have a look at my LinkedIn profile if you’d like a little example. Heather Clifford on LinkedIn
How many characters you can use
- Professional Headline – 120 characters
- Status Field – 140 characters
- Summary – 2000 characters – wow!
- Company Name and Position – 100 characters
- Interests – 1000 characters
Vanity or custom URL
In three easy steps you can claim a custom url for your LinkedIn profile…just like on your Facebook Business Page
1st – Upper right corner near your name click drop down arrow – Click on settings
2nd – Scroll down the page – click on “Edit Your Public Profile”
3rd – Right hand side click on Customize your public URL – (always try to secure your name)
In ending I would like to say I love LinkedIn’s style, they will always try to prompt you to have a 100% profile by asking you if you’d like to “Improve Your Profile” in a bright yellow box… even if you’re at 100%….why not always bump it up to the next level..
Don’t forget to ask me all your social media questions directly on my Facebook Business Page wall. Have a great day!
Heather Clifford lives in beautiful Nanaimo BC and teaches hands on social media clinics throughout this fabulous province of British Columbia. Call Heather today to set-up a clinic in your area 25-668-3310
Twitter – Facebook Business Page – WordPress Blogging – Google+ – YouTube – LinkedIn